Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2009 10:00

Inspiron 530 won't start...fan runs

I purchased the Inspiron in November of '07.  On month after the warrenty ran out, my Inspiron would run the fan but not turn on.  My son suggested I reseat the RAM.  It worked...the fan would run and turn off three times before it stayed on.  It has been that way for 3 months and now it will not turn on.  The light is orange and the fan runs, but it will not boot up there is a green light on the back of the computer..if that means something.  I removed all of the cards and re-sat them (4) and pushed down on the power button cable to make sure it was connecting...still it has the same problem...what now?  Can anyone offer a suggestion? 

134 Posts

March 31st, 2009 10:00

The green light on the back of the PC, is there any ID of what the green light is?? There are some Diag. lights on these desktops, are they all green or are some amber?

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 31st, 2009 14:00

I purchased the Inspiron in November of '07.  On month after the warrenty ran out, my Inspiron would run the fan but not turn on.  My son suggested I reseat the RAM.  It worked...the fan would run and turn off three times before it stayed on.  It has been that way for 3 months and now it will not turn on.  The light is orange and the fan runs, but it will not boot up there is a green light on the back of the computer..if that means something.  I removed all of the cards and re-sat them (4) and pushed down on the power button cable to make sure it was connecting...still it has the same problem...what now?  Can anyone offer a suggestion? 

Islagirl

Check the reading of the power button LED, is it Steady Blue, Blinking Blue, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber or is it Off?

Are there any 'Beeps', or error messages, if there are, please post the exact text of the message?

The Inspiron 530 Troubleshooter is HERE.

Bev.

872 Posts

March 31st, 2009 20:00

No Events found!