Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 1st, 2011 12:00

dimension 4550 upgrade memory error

I have a Dell Dimension 4550 and tried to upgrade the memory. After installing the new Crucial memory and starting the computer I got 6 beeps in this pattern- 1-3-2. Also the lights on the back were GYYY indicating that memory not detected. I disconnected the power and reinstalled the old memory and still same issue.

I tried resetting CMOS and no change. Still getting 6 beeps 1-3-2 and GYYYY. Also i reseated the old menory and same results with 6 beeps 1-3-2 and GYYY.

I have tried replacing battery as well as reseating old memory cards and video card. Still same results, 6 beeps 1-3-2 and GYYY.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2011 03:00

This must be a duplicate post.  I've already answered an identical post on the desktop section.

5 Posts

January 2nd, 2011 06:00

This is not a duplicate post. If you read the post your answer didn't work. Any other suggestions????

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2011 07:00

Reposting again is not the way the forum is run.  And, especially posting in the New to the Community.  Reposting only tends to confuse the issue. 

Keep in mind we are users helping users, we are not Dell employees.  If our free help or suggestions do not work you are free to take it to a PC repair shop and pay to have it diagnosed or fixed.

I'll respond to your original post.

No Events found!