I need help understanding why OMIVV knows that a host is not healthy, but even with all of the Dell alarm definitions enabled it still didn't alert or change the status of the host in vCenter (other than drilling through OMIVV). I need these alerts to trigger and I need the host's status in vCenter (under the hosts and clusters tab) to reflect the problem.
This is from the host's summary tab in vCenter
This is from the same host's system event log
And this shows the Dell memory alarm definitions are enabled in vCenter
May I know if the alerts were working before or this is the first? Can I know the version of your vCenter and OMIVV?
Have you tried accessing to OMIVV > Settings, Events and Alarm, and do a Restore Alarms?
Please let us know OMIVV, VC and iDRAC FW version on which error was seen. If you are running OMIVV 5.0, it is recommended to update to OMIVV 5.1.
Also weather this OMIVV is an Upgraded appliance.
Please check these and update settings accordingly:
1) Traverse to iDRAC -> configuration -> system settings -> Alert configuration. This setting has to be enabled.
2) check Alerts and Remote System Log Configuration on the system settings page as launched in step 1. This setting has to be enabled for SNMP traps.
3) Check SNMP trap configuration . OMIVV IP address has to be mentioned on the destination Address.
4) Check SNMP settings, the community settings has to be set to public.
If all 4 settings are correctly mentioned on iDRAC, you can send a test trap and check if it is being received by OMIVV.
OMIVV takes care of steps 3 and 4 automatically if Destination trap settings 1 to 4 are blank on iDRAC using following 2 of its features on successful job completion:
1) Inventory success with no error in UFL
2) Configuration Compliance for SNMP trap settings.
On OMIVV side, please check for following:
1) Login to VC and click OMIVV icon.
2) Click settings
3) under vCenter Settings, click Events and Alarms.
4) Turn on the Alarms slide button : It should show green.
5) click post all events
6) Click Apply on bottom of the page.
Kindly do let us know if these settings help you fix the problem.
OMIVV is 5.1, VC is 6.7 U3G, iDRAC is 4.00.00.00 on the R640s and 126.96.36.199 on the R630s. The appliance has been upgraded and a previous version backup was restored. I do see some of the servers are not using "public" as the community string and I will correct that (against our security team's wishes).
When I look at an iDRAC 8 I see most of the alerts are not set to send traps, is OMIVV supposed to configure those? There are 21 pages of alerts and not very many are configured to send traps.
I don't think OMIVV will configure the alerts, as mentioned by @Dell-Rishi.
Have you verified the steps post by him has fixed the issue for you?
Do update us if you have any issues on the any of the steps provided.
No. OMIVV will not configure the alerts to be sent. Its more like what a DC owner needs he can configure into iDRAC and OMIVV can receive it.
As i see your systems are still running older FW. Please find the correct set of FW for
I would also like to clarify following:
a) OMIVV will only configure SNMP trap settings in iDRAC if trap destination settings on iDRAC is blank (placeholders 1 to 4).
Do let us know if these steps work and the problem is resolved