Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M2

22 Posts

June 12th, 2020 10:00

Firmware drift compliance failure because of Dell versioning

All of my hosts fail the firmware drift compliance in 5.1 because of silly versioning differences. For example, OS Collector 5.0 is failing because the baseline is expecting "5" (an int), but the current value is "5.0" (float?). This is also happening with an IDSDM firmware that shows as "1e" (hex) in one place and "1.14" (decimal) in another. Is there a way to override this?

2020-06-12_12-31-03.jpg

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 12th, 2020 15:00

Hi Mike,

This happens when you update catalog and you are using cluster profiles. You have to update the cluster profile when you update catalog go to profiles, then cluster profiles, then select the profile and update will highlight upper right top row. Update it and then re-run drift report. Otherwise it will not synchronize. If you make a new repo profile and associate it with the cluster profile it will auto sync then as well.

Try this out and let me know if it helps.

June 14th, 2020 00:00

Hi Mike, This issue is already addressed sometimes back. Can you please let us know have created your own firmware repository using DRM or using "Dell Default Catalog" repository in Cluster Profile that you have created.

If you are using "Dell Default Catalog" and you are seeing any warning icon next to firmware repository of your cluster profile landing page, then click that cluster profile and click the "Update" button highlighted on top of the grid and refresh the cluster profile. This step will update your cluster profile with latest firmware repository and automatically run the drift detection job to collect the latest compliance report.

Please pick any host where you are seeing the issue and do the firmware update(make sure you select OS Collector and IDSDM) using the firmware repository profile used to create the cluster profile. Once firmware update is done, manually run the Drift Detection job again and see you are still seeing this issue for both OS Collector and IDSDM. If you are still seeing, please let us know the Dell server Model number and iDRAC firmware version running on that server. We will check and get back.

Thanks,

Prasanna

June 25th, 2020 11:00

That does not resolve the issue. I remediated the firmware using OMIVV and they still show non-compliant, I assume because of the version number mismatch.

June 25th, 2020 12:00

Hi Mike, can you please let us know the Dell server model number that you are using and iDRAC firmware version running on that server? so that we can check the problem and help you.

June 25th, 2020 17:00

I have the problem with R630s (2.70.70.70) and R640s (4.10.10.10).

June 28th, 2020 23:00

Hi Mike,

FWU-wizard.png

I tried reproducing this issue on R630 but I couldn't. The server is not listed as non-compliance. OS Collector's "Current Version" and "Available Version" both are shown as 5.0.

Just to reiterate, please ensure the following steps are done.

1. If you see a yellow icon next to Firmware repository Profile, Select the Cluster profile and Click "Update Profiles" and OK.

cluster profile.png

2. Make sure you run the Drift Detection job manually.

job.png 

June 30th, 2020 12:00

This does appear to be an issue with custom repository manager repos. The OS collector version is DRM showed as "5", not "5.0" until I deleted it and refreshed my vCenter inventory. The SD module firmware is not publicly available in the online catalog and its version shows as "1e" instead of "1.14" and I have not found a way to get around that yet.

No Events found!