Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2015 10:00

Unable to Install OMSA on ESXi 4.1 U3 - on an R905

First question- Which version of OMSA do I need for a first time installation? 

I tried every single version same errors for every version. It just wouldn't install.  I have tried in various ways as follows-  

1. ESX Host by puttying on to it. Error I get-

No bulletins for this platform could be found. Nothing to do.

Errno - 13
Description - No matching bulletin or VIB was found in the metadata.

error at the root-

Url - ./OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-7.0.0-4614.VIB-ESX41i_A00.zip
Localfile - /var/cache/esxupdate/bundle8459924186783898588.zip
Message - [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root
/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-7.0.0-4614.VIB-ESX41i_A00.zip'
Errno - 26
Description - Failed to download offline bundle .zip.

Also dropped the zip bundle at \var\cache\esxupdate, root.  

VCLI 4.1 -Error I get- No bulletins for this platform could be found. Nothing to do.

Vsphere update manager- Shows as installed and the host compliant but the ESX host doesn't show it in the installed programs. 

So superficially it looks like a OMSA version mismatch but its really not. I have now spent hours in finding the correct version and installing it. right from 6.0.0 to 7.0.0 and everything in between. exact same error for EACH version and iteration I tried. I haven't tried another server since this is the only host I can test on. need to get it working on this first.

Dell has done a good job of not publishing (or quickly taking down) any relevant information of which exact version is required and which version is the actual software and not just a patch.

Now I am out of ideas about what I am really missing.  

Can someone point me in the right direction?

PS- WHY are we still using ESXi 4.1 and and old dell R905? The question is above my pay grade... :) I inherited it and thats what we have in the environment. And I have been asked to install OMSA's latest version. The company doesnt want to pay for out of warranty Dell Tech Support.

No Responses!
No Events found!