Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

June 16th, 2020 19:00

OptiPlex 9020 AIO Amber Light Flashing

Please could somebody help me. I have just got a Dell OptiPlex 9020 AIO from somebody second hand and can't contact the original owner. Lately when I have tried to turn it on The power light has been flashing amber. One flash and then a short break then one flash and then a long break this repeats. I cannot turn on the computer itself at all. I have looked around and found that this means that I either have a bad motherboard, a bad power supply or bad power supply cabling. It says on the dell site that the solution to this is to flash the latest BIOS version. How do I do that? It also says to contact Dell technical support which when I have tried that, it has told me that my product is out of warrenty and that support for windows 7 ended on the 14th of Jan 2020. It is actually updated to windows 10. Could somebody please tell me where to go, who to call, or what to email to fix it? It has all of my familys important things on it. A quick reply would be greatly appreciated!

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

June 20th, 2020 00:00

The Dell diagnostics page I normally go to currently isn't working after trying a few different ways.

Blinking amber power button light typically means bad PSU.

Updating BIOS won't fix a bad MB, PSU, or cabling.  Not sure how you ran into that.

Always important to backup files in case the worst happens.

July 6th, 2020 22:00

Where can I fix this?

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

July 6th, 2020 23:00

New, refurbished, and used PSU's are available whether you want to shop amazon, ebay, newegg, or etc.  Search using "optiplex 9020 AIO psu."

No Events found!