Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

4 Posts

August 9th, 2020 15:00

Optiplex 3010 won’t turn on after accidental power off (unplugged power cable)

Nothing happen when power button is press no light on the power button. (I disconnected all usb devices)
PSU turn on with Built-in Self Test (BIST)
Orange light (LED1) on the motherboard when the power plug is connected.

I unplug it for 10+ min but it still won’t turn on..

Identical --> Motherboard 

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank You

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 9th, 2020 17:00

What was the computer doing when it was unplugged? If you were updating the bios, that could have bricked the computer.

The computer should never be unplugged while it's on. If it freezes when in regular use, press and hold the power down until it turns off. But never turn off or unplug when updating bios. 

August 9th, 2020 17:00

The PSU Built-in Self Test (BIST) no longer work.

edit: PSU Built-in Self Test (BIST) turn on after I  disconnected from the Motherboard

PS: I can't edit my post

August 9th, 2020 18:00

The computer wasn't doing anything, the computer is a media center "Kodi" (libreelec installation) and the power cable was unplugged by accident. I tried another PSU on the Optiplex and he power on. How can a PSU break from a simple unplugging ?

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

August 10th, 2020 20:00

So with all external peripherals disconnected, and everything disconnected internally, the green BIST light lights up when the BIST putton is pushed.  Yet, the green light won't come on when you plug in the MB.  That means the MB is the problem.

August 15th, 2020 08:00

I tried another PSU on the Optiplex and he power on. I opened the optiplex PSU and it appear at least one capacitor is swollen.

59 Posts

January 31st, 2022 22:00

• You might have fried the motherboard when you unplugged it. That’s what happened to my old ASUS.
No Events found!