Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

48 Posts

February 7th, 2019 13:00

cannot launch support assist

Good afternoon.

Am running W10 pro 1803  version 17134.523 (latest available for my system).  I run support assist same time each month.  When run today came up with a message that stated "dell-supportassist?launch/Action=Home/Mode=Normal/Notification=false Invalid value for registry".  When I have problems with support assist I uninstall and reinstall it; this has happened a few times with the new support assist app that was changed by Dell.  Up to now this corrects whatever problem there is, and I got this from reading what others had done since it seems like this is a recurring problem.  Did so, this time from the windows support driver update page to ensure I got the latest version 3.1.30.0  which I assume is the latest (got this info from app info in W10).  It looked like it installed ok but it still will not launch.  I do not even get a message telling me what is wrong., nothing.

So, is there a known problem with support assist and should I wait until it is repaired?  Or is there something I can do to get this to work?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.  I will wait to hear back before doing anything on other machines.  I like what support assist does but it seems to take a lot of time fixing it over the past months.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 7th, 2019 19:00

I don't use Support-ASSist, but if you must get it working ...

maybe try posting here ?

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist-for-PCs/ct-p/SupportAssist

48 Posts

February 7th, 2019 23:00

Thanks.  I actually realized that later and posted the message on support assist.  I also found a discussion (at last!) showing that others are having the same problem and a workaround posted that unfortunately is time consuming and works if you can navigate around the computer a bit.  Hope a solution is found soon!  Thanks again.

No Events found!