Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2012 01:00

Demo - EMC Mission-critical Business Continuity for SAP

All,

This solution used extended Oracle RAC with VPLEX. There is a demo of this solution available on the EMC Demo Center, it only takes 7 minutes to view and gives a good overview of the solution.

go to www.EMCDemoCenter.com and search SAP

or direct link to this demo - http://tinyurl.com/bqyf8r6

Dave

109 Posts

July 2nd, 2012 09:00

Dave,

Thanks for posting this excellent video. Just watched and found your review of Oracle Stretch RAC in an active / active configuration using EMC VPLEX. Some points in the video:

1. HA is introduced to eliminate single points of failure

2. Use of VPLEX witness at a 3rd site to monitor failures

3. VMware HA clustering for HA via virtualization

4. 4 RAC nodes cluster for Oracle FT at the server level

5. Showing failure injection (Site A)

6. VMware moves the failed VMs to Site B (please correct if I'm wrong)

Nicely done and all within 7 minutes.

Cheers,

53 Posts

July 3rd, 2012 00:00

Hi Sam,

you have pretty much summarized it correctly, you can access the full paper here for more details -

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-16677

The paper is organized in a modular fashion, each section focusing on a single technology used in the solution, so if you are mostly interested in Oracle go to the Oracle section, if virtualization is your bag then go the VMware section etc.

The first section outlines the overall solution, the final section provides a summary and conclusion. One of the highlights is the testing and validation section which showcases the power of VPLEX in this environment.

Thanks, Dave.

Dave: I hope you don't mind as I edited your response to insert a new link to the same paper in the community. Our goal is to create a place where people using the community can find most everything they need. This includes the excellent white paper we have been talking about. Please email me if there is a problem. Thanks.

No Events found!