Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MT

December 4th, 2004 20:00

Problems with Dell Openmanage software - Dell poweredge 2600

Hi All

I look after to 2600 Poweredge servers mainly remotely but I noticed now that one of theses servers  Dell open manage software agent service doesn't want to start properly

The two main errors in the event log are

Event 7000

The dcesm service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the device specified.

and

Event ID 7024 The Dell OpenManage Server Agent service terminated with service-specific error 0.

I had to reboot the server yesterday and it hung on the bios screen and I had to get one of the girls in the office to continue through and she didn't pay attention to what it stopped on.

This to me looks like hardware issue as when I try to start the open mange agent manually it borks at this. This server is an exchange server that was recently installed BUT I  cant be sure this has caused the problem. I updated the server with the lastest patches about 3 weeks ago which is when I first noticed the problem.

I am not able to view any hardware diagnostics on the server aside from the Raid set up which is a problem for me doing most the work remotely. If anyone can help out on this I would really appreciate this as I am little worried about these errors.

Thanks

Matt

No Responses!
No Events found!