Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2011 13:00

Can't download Dell CD ISO - Dell Systems Build and Update Utility for PE2650!

I'm trying to download the "Dell CD ISO - Dell Systems Build and Update Utility" but I can't manage to do that...

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

When I type my service tag nothing happens, the page just reloads... I need this CD to install the Storage Management, I'm not able to find this on the support page?

My questions is:
How can I get my hands on  
"Dell CD ISO - Dell Systems Build and Update Utility"?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 25th, 2011 13:00

Here is the direct link to the SBUU CD ISO if the Service Tag verification is not working:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/secure/sysman/OM_5.5.0_SBUU_A00.ISO

HOWEVER ... you will not find "Storage Management" on this CD.  If by "Storage Management" you mean the actual Storage Management portion of OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) that lets you monitor and interact with the RAID controller, array(s), and individual disks, it can be found in two places:

SMTD (Systems Build and Update Utility - can install OMSA during OS installation or post-OS-installation - make sure to follow the "installation" instructions):

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

OpenManage Server Administrator (standalone installer after OS is installed):
ftp://ftp.dell.com/sysman/OM_5.5.0_ManNode_A00.exe

12 Posts

March 25th, 2011 14:00

12 Posts

March 25th, 2011 17:00

I've installed OpenManage and checked the "Storage Management" part but when I access the "Dell OpenManage Server Administration" and press the "Storage" link in the left tree view it says "No storage controllers detected. "!

I've also tried to install "Adaptect PERC3/Di, v2.8.1.7692, Al3" But it says "The uUpdate Package is not compatible with your system configuration", How do I know what RAID Controller to use/update/install?

I don't really know what hardware that is packed with my two PowerEdge 2650.

Maybe novice questions but I surly need help:)

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 25th, 2011 18:00

Under System, Main System Chassis, what are your BIOS and ESM/BMC firmware versions? 

Go to Device Manager and get the PERC driver version.

You'll need to reboot to get the firmware version ... it is on the screen when the PERC loads during POST.

We can then get you to a "supported" driver/firmware level for OMSA.

No Events found!