Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2013 11:00

Ctrl-R for PERC 6/i SAS RAID Controller not appearing

Hello,

I recently was hired for a new position and am trying to figure out what all inventory I have to work with. There was a Dell PowerEdge R610 in the rack that was powered down and not being used for anything. I was hoping to get it up and running with Xenserver and then I was going to add it to my pool of XCP Hosts.

Anyways, I cannot get into the PERC 6/i SAS RAID configuration by pressing CTRL-R like I do for the other R610. I confirmed with Dell that this server was shipped with the PERC 6/i SAS RAID Controller.

I can go into the BIOS and under integrated devices it does not even list the PERC 6/i SAS RAID controller. So, do I have a bad controller here? Can anyone provide any more information or feedback on this. I assume I am going to have to take the server out of the rack and verify that it does have the card, but I'm going out on a limb and assuming no one would just take that card out.

Thank you!

Kyle

• 

6.2K Posts

January 30th, 2013 12:00

Hello Kyle

Make sure that the controller is enabled in the system BIOS(Integrated Devices>Integrated RAID Controller). If you don't have that option or it is already enabled and you are still not getting the CTL R option then you will probably need to physically ensure it is present. You can also check the PCI IRQ assignment in the system BIOS. You should see a listing for Integrated RAID and something like Slot 1 Dell Inc RAID Adapter. If none of that is present then the card is likely missing or not functional.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

January 30th, 2013 12:00

The IRQ assigments was a great place to check! However, it is not listed in here. Also, it is not listed as an integrated device. I will have to physically open up the server.

Thank You,

Kyle

1 Message

July 24th, 2018 13:00

I am having the same issue, did you manage to solve the problem?

July 25th, 2018 11:00

I had a power failure at facility and ESXi couldn't find it's storage volumes.  

Rebooted several times, turned off UEFI loaded defaults nothing.

Solution:

Unplug both power cords for two minutes. 

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

July 4th, 2019 13:00

1 Message

January 12th, 2020 08:00

Same Problem

December 26th, 2020 20:00

hi community.

i am facing same issue.. not know how to came out from this problem. please help me out. stucked from last 4-5 days.

internal r610 mother board and their component viewinternal r610 mother board and their component viewerror message displayederror message displayed

• 

3.4K Posts

December 27th, 2020 22:00

Hi @Ghanshyam2020,

This error majority involve in hardware replacement, but will need to verify which hardware is at fault. 

The error clearly state that the error lies on the RAID controller, which would be your RAID card. Try reseat the RAID controller card (remove and install). If it doesn't work, remove install the riser too.

If the error occurs, try removing the card and access to iDRAC to update iDRAC firmware and BIOS. Then install the card in and boot.

Let us know the updates.

December 27th, 2020 23:00

Hi

Thanx for ur answer.

I did below mention thing..

I remove the card and riser and again installed the same.

I am able to access idrac and take remote access of server.

I crossed checked with another server and found the same problem.

When I check for bios update.. not able to find correct version

If possible. And request to you,. can u connect and see the error and advise me

Plz get me out from this problem

Regards
Ghanshyam

• 

3.4K Posts

December 28th, 2020 01:00

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not able to provide remote support. I can only support via forum reply, if you need a remote support, you may need to call into support.

Did you only swap the RAID controller to another server and have the same issue? If yes, then the controller is faulty. You may need to replace it. If you have swapped both riser and RAID controller, please try one by one, to narrow down which hardware is having an issue.

No Events found!