Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AA

4 Posts

June 8th, 2020 04:00

Failed to Install windows server 2003 on PowerEdge T630

Hi there,

I am trying to install windows server 2003 on poweredge t630 but setup starting it gives the Blue Screen error which show "The BIOS in the system is not fully ACPI compliant" i even update the BIOS and also try to turn off the ACPI mode but no luck, please help me in this if anyone had same problem or solved this problem i will be very grateful...

Thanks & Regards

A.Awan 

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 8th, 2020 09:00

Hello,

I don't expect much success with installing 2003 on a T630 bare metal. It's not supported and I can't imagine there are drivers that would work. If you're able to make it work, I'd love to hear about it, though.

I think you'd have much more success in containing Server 2003 on a VM.

4 Posts

June 8th, 2020 22:00

Hello,

Good Day!!

Thank you so much for your response, about the support of server 2003 i read on dell this model support 2003 and even the drivers are available for server 2003 on dell support drivers download all i need to install the drivers before installation begin by using lifecycle controller but i cannot find a way to install the drivers, if you have any experience of installing drivers using lifecycle controller then please guide me about this i will try by this my be it allows me to install server 2003 if i am lucky.

Thanks alot for your response...

Regards

A.A

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 9th, 2020 07:00

I see what you're saying. I went on the support page and Server 2003 is listed. That must have changed at some point without my knowledge.

I believe that error is going to relate to power management. I'd try going in and setting the system profile to maximum performance, disabling any power features you find, then try installing again. If you have a stop code, we could be more sure. I'd also look at disabling secure boot, if it's enabled.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 10th, 2020 14:00

Did that help at all? Was there anything else I could do to help?

4 Posts

June 11th, 2020 04:00

I did try that but unfortunately the error is the same it wont effect anything. I don't know what to do..

Thanks for your response.. if you find something please share with me...

Regards

A. 

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 11th, 2020 14:00

Have you seen this article? You might give it a try. 

https://dell.to/2MPmAKv

4 Posts

June 14th, 2020 23:00

Yes i go through this article and follow the steps which are mentioned in the article but no success. i need Bootable server build and update utility may be it work... but i couldn't found on Dell support website or anywhere else, all the utilities are available on dell support are not bootable so it wont help me either...

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 15th, 2020 08:00

If the tag remains in warranty, it would probably be best to contact direct support. This way someone can look at it with you live. If you want to private message me the tag, I can check warranty status.

As to the SBUU, that's been replaced with on-board functionality for systems later than the 11G family. 

https://dell.to/3dZF3jz

"On Dell servers newer than the 11th generation (11G - released in 2009), the on-board bootable Unified Server Configurator (A component of the Lifecycle Controller) provides similar functionality to SBUU without the need for a CD."

EDIT: Are you in BIOS boot mode or UEFI? Upon review, I didn't see it, but was thinking you were in legacy BIOS mode. If you;re not, you'll want to try in that mode.

No Events found!