Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2006 14:00

Ghost Solution Suite 1.1 and PERC 4e/Di

After trying for days and searching many forums, i finally discovered how to use Symantec Ghost Solution suite with a Dell PERC 4e/Di controller. (it perhaps also works for other SCSI-RAID controllers).

Since I found many still open threads about this issue i wanted to share this with you guys. IT is perhaps not the best solution, but it works fine for me.

You need a DOS driver for the SCSI controller. I tried all the DELL drivers I could find on the net, but none worked. Finaly the reaction from PowerIT gave me a hint to use the LSI driver instead.
(http://www.lsilogic.com/cm/License.do?url=/files/support/rsa/raid_drivers_32/w2k_w2k3/dr_dos_2.08.zip&prodName=MegaRAID%20SCSI%20320-2X&subType=Driver)

You can simply use this driver with a bootdisk: modify the config.sys by adding 'device=megaspi.sys'

But to use this from within the Ghost Console you have to take some extra steps;

There is not an option to add any other drivers then networkcard drivers. Therefore you have to modify the profile from your network card.

Go to Machine groups, richt click the group with the servers you want to clone/backup/ghost, and select Set DOS Template.

Select the driver for your NIC (in the PowerEdge 2850 it's the Intel Pro 1000) and click Edit. Select the Intel Pro 1000 again and click Modify. Click on the Advance TAB.

Click on NEW and browse to the extracted downloaded driver (megaspi.sys) and click on open.

Modify the config.sys pane by adding 'device=megaspi.sys' and click on OK. Click on Finish

Highlight the Intel Pro 1000 again and select OK.

You can now start imaging using both the Intel NIC driver as well as the RAID SCSI driver, so ghost will recognize your harddisks.

Good Luck!
No Responses!
No Events found!