Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

May 19th, 2020 14:00

Perc H740p not appearing in lifecycle controller

Hey everyone, 

I have a new R440 at work. My manager selected the wrong storage configuration when building this server. This server came with 8 2.5" drive bays with software raid (and 8x 960gb SSD) and the Perc S140 raid controller with no dedicated hardware raid controller. The performance with this software raid controller is not optimal so we bought a perc h740p low profile controller with the riser and cables (not from dell.com).

The low profile bracket we got would not fit completely because it is a little bit longer despite stating that it is for an R440, and it's also a PCIe x8 riser. I connect the controller directly with the riser piece only. However, the controller bios option for the h740p card does not appear in the lifecycle controller. 
Is this because of the wrong riser card? If so there will be a lot of problems

I'm open to suggestions, what should i do?

• 

3.4K Posts

May 19th, 2020 23:00

Hi,

Can let me know the H740P's DPN# and the riser DPN#?

May 26th, 2020 06:00

Hey Joey,

Sorry for the late reply

Here are the P/Ns

H740p: 0DPNHJ

Riser: 0PJW9F

Riser bracket: 00VG0Y

I tried to install the raid controller directly in the x16 slot and it still would not show up. The light on the card was blinking normally with the riser and without it too. 

The ST of the server is

• 

8.8K Posts

May 26th, 2020 07:00

Thank you for the details. Would you confirm what the is showing in the BIOS for both Integrated RAID Controller (under Integrated Devices), as well as whats showing for Embedded SATA (under Sata Settings)?

Thank you. 

No Events found!