Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 30th, 2016 10:00

PowerEdge 2900 server raid

hello all and good day

I have a PowerEdge 2900 that has been wiped and raid configured with 2 drives and ready for os install. however when trying to use the server assistant I get an error that stats can not detect drives or they are not initialized . I have don't all the raid configuring and should be ready. I took a look in the main server bios and I don't see the raid controller listed in the boot sequence. all I see is cd rom on sata b and hard disk. before the server was wiped the raid controller was listed in the boot sequence menu. did I change a setting I shouldn't have or am I missing part of the process? anyone lend a had and solving this issue? I would like to get the server back up and running. the server has a perc 6i

when I got the server is was up and running. however it came from a health care facility and needed to be wiped.

I wiped it myself just by going in the raid controller and deleting the VD and reconfiguring it with a new configuration.

please tell me I didn't just make the heaviest paper weight in my office.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 30th, 2016 13:00

You must configure AND initialize the virtual disk (array) ... check the Advanced and Initialize boxes during creation of the VD.

You may also be using a version of "server assistant" (obsolete) that doesn't support the hardware in your server.

March 31st, 2016 07:00

thanks, after trying for days your response helped.didn't know a about the Diffrent versions of the assistant cd. Your right I tried a Diffrent version of the assistant and bam. Worked. Thanks so so much. For someone who configs all the time it might have came natural to know that.But I have allot of ignorance when it comes to the config of raid and the array. Thanks again. You saved me tech fee of 299.00. Amazing

No Events found!