Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2014 04:00

RAID Configuration Problem in Dell Power Edge 2850

Hi

I have Dell Power Edge 2850 Server. I want to configure RAID using  BIOS Configuration Utility but there comes no option for RAID Configuration during boot like "Press " ? What can be the reason???

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 9th, 2014 05:00

Boot to BIOS Setup (F2), Integrated Devices, Embedded RAID and change to RAID Enabled.

1 Rookie

• 

1.2K Posts

October 9th, 2014 06:00

If the option in bios is grayed out, then the raid kit may not be installed and you would need the folloing for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-2850-PERC-4-RAID-Kit-with-256MB-Memory-/370598669856

October 9th, 2014 23:00

Boot to BIOS Setup (F2), Integrated Devices, Embedded RAID and change to RAID Enabled.

Dear tanks for quick reply......

After changing the mode from SCSI to RAID it is giving message that all data will lost. I have some data on SCSI Hard drives on which RAID was configured before the crash of OS (Windows Server R2 2003). How can I recover RAID and / or my data?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 10th, 2014 08:00

Data loss only refers to data on the drives in SCSI mode. If it was in RAID mode before, then that data is only good in RAID mode, and the warning can be ignored. You can't have had data on the drives in both SCSI and RAID modes.

October 13th, 2014 04:00

Data loss only refers to data on the drives in SCSI mode. If it was in RAID mode before, then that data is only good in RAID mode, and the warning can be ignored. You can't have had data on the drives in both SCSI and RAID modes.

After installing of new OS and then enabling the RAID option; server began to give message “configuration of NVRAM and drives mismatch”. To solve this problem I loaded RAID configurations from disks but now it is giving “disk read error”.

i have RAID 5 configured on other 5 hard drives. Initially, after the installation of new OS all hard drives were online but after loaded RAID configurations from disks now it is showing hard drive 1 and 3 fail.

Can i recover some or all of my data without recovering RAID ?

Or how can i recover my RAID ?

No Events found!