Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2016 17:00

poweredge 840 sas raid controller driver not working / not wanting to access it.

So my server was not working. I put in the usb drive for the sas raid driver. After it installs all the other drivers it takes me to this. It says , insert the usb drive (or insert the disk labeled) dell perc5 and perc6/cerc6 raid controller driver (server 2003 for x64) into drive a press enter when ready. I put the usb drive and it still not working. so it's seeing but it's not letting it work. Please fix this problem. I have been trying for 2 months and I still have not gotten it up. I need it up from this week to april fools please please help. 

• 

8.8K Posts

March 28th, 2016 12:00

VelevoYT,

The first thing to verify is if the driver file you are using is the correct one. The file needed should be found here. Is that the file you were trying to use prior? If so then the next thing to look at is the what size USB you are using, or the partition size on that USB. The partition size on the USB shouldn't exceed 4GB. If it does then reformat the USB to include the 4GB partition and then download the contents of the file listed above into that partition. From there see if the OS will recognize it.

Let me know what you see.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 28th, 2016 14:00

Also, don't use the USB Key Prep utility. Use nLiteOS.com to integrate the driver.

Why are you still using 2003?

No Events found!