Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

3 Posts

April 29th, 2020 00:00

poweredge r720 server storage status: non critical

hello everyone !! i have a dell server r720 that has issue with one SAS harddrive showing status non-critical, I already removed the harddisk and reinsert it again and make a rebuild for the raid 1, but still I have a yellow sign and the harddrive plate is blinking with green and orange. so please tell me how to bypass this issue..

3 Posts

April 29th, 2020 00:00

server error.png

• 

8.8K Posts

April 29th, 2020 05:00

Wadie_29,

I would NOT recommend that you try to rebuild that drive to the Virtual Disk. The reason it is showing as it is, is due to the drive being listed as a Predicted Failure, which is when the threshold of bad blocks on the drive has exceeded the threshold. By rebuilding that drive to the Virtual Disk you run the risk of puncturing the parity by transferring those bad blocks onto the Virtual Disk. 

What I would suggest is removing and replacing that drive, now since it is currently Online you MUST force that drive Offline before you remove it.

Hope this helps.

3 Posts

April 30th, 2020 01:00

bad for me because i was facing this issue 2 weeks now..so I already tried the rebuild process then I made my post here anyway you are saying that now I should force offline and remove the harddrive !? because i don't have spare one right now and also it will take time to get one to my region because of the pandemic!! so shall i remove it or i better keep it until the new harddrive arrives.? 

Many Thanks.. 

• 

8.8K Posts

April 30th, 2020 04:00

If it is online then I would keep it as such until you get a replacement, but if that drive fails and goes offline itself then I wouldn't suggest rebuilding it, I would then just leave it offline until you get the replacement.

No Events found!