Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2012 05:00

2850 EMC Update from SUU

I was attempting to update the PERC and EMC firmware from an SUU created from Repository Manager.  The PERC updated file.  When it was updating the EMC the cooling fans started runing at full speed for at least 10 minutes and never stopped.  I powered off the server.  I then updated the EMC from a DOS boot disk.  The update completed successfully.  The fans continue to run at full(noisy) speed all the time.  What else needs to be done to have the fans run at normal speed?

Thanks

Brent

44 Posts

January 29th, 2012 18:00

Hi Brent,

Are you referring to a BMC update ? If so, do ensure that the BIOS is updated to latest as well, that would ensure that the BMC is fully supported by the motherboard's BIOS.

Do you have OMSA installed? If it is present, perhaps you could check on the fan speed too and also verify if there are any other faults with the system's components. Alternatively, you could capture a DSET and send it to me for further verifications.  

Cheers,

DC Lim

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Please follow @DellProSupport on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DellProSupport

4 Posts

January 30th, 2012 04:00

It is the BMC Update.  I do not have the OMSA installed.  I will download and install it.  I will also run a DSET.  I won't be able to do this until tomorrow.  I will follow up with results.

Thanks.

Brent

4 Posts

January 30th, 2012 18:00

I have a DSET report.  I am in the process of installing OMSA.

4 Posts

January 30th, 2012 19:00

is there a default user and password to logn on to OMSA?  How should I get the DSET to you?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 30th, 2012 19:00

There is no default username/password specific for OMSA; it is your local and/or domain admin account.  Add http://localhost:1311/ to your Intranet Zone, and it will log you in automatically.

No Events found!