Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2019 08:00

Cannot upgrade Dell KVM 1081AD to version v.2.0.0

Hello all

We have two 1081AD KVM's, one with version 1.20.00 and another with 1.30.02 firmware versions, and we cannot upgrade them to release 2.0.0, it gives the error :

"The provided file was not the correct file type"

Any idea/workaround for getting the firmware on the KVM ? Remotely, if possible ?

• 

6.2K Posts

August 23rd, 2019 12:00

Hello

My first guess would be to make sure the file is extracted.

http://www.dellkvm.com/downloads/firmware-and-release-notes/

Thanks

3 Posts

August 28th, 2019 08:00

The file is good, there are no errors in the ZIP , I've now compared both firmware files (the *.fl, version 1.3 and version 2.0) and they seem OK, have the same headers and last bytes, so that does not seem to be the problem.

In the meantime, I've gone onsite and rebooted the KVM with the v1.2 firmware, but the errors remain, I cannot launch the KVM session with the latest Java version, and it does not accept the v2.0 firmware.

I'm going to the other site latter today to test the unit with the 1.3 firmware...

• 

6.2K Posts

August 28th, 2019 09:00

Hello

If there is a browser or Java compatibility issue preventing communication then it may also affect the ability to upload firmware. I can't recall all of the methods available to perform a firmware update, but I suggest using a different method if available. If the browser method is the only way then you may need to reduce security on the browser to do the upload, or use an older browser. You will probably want to use a temporary virtual machine to do it, that would reduce risk.

Thanks

3 Posts

August 29th, 2019 08:00

Test

No Events found!