Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2012 21:00

Dell YT674 NIC Drivers needed

I just purchased  a few of these NICs and Windows Server 2008R2 is not installing any drivers.

I tried downloading some drivers off Intel website and still no joy.

Since this is a Dell OEM product, I wonder if anyone from support can point me to the right path to get the correct set of drivers?

• 

8.8K Posts

September 18th, 2012 07:00

Lowboost,

What is the server you need the driver for?

This is the link to the driver you should need (guessed on server, this is for 9th gen) - www.dell.com/.../poweredge-1950

12 Posts

September 18th, 2012 08:00

Chris:

Thank you for the link. I will download and try it later today.  I actually purchased 6 of these cards.

I have 4 of them installed in Dell CS24 cloud servers with ESXi 5.1 without problems.

The other two, I installed them in a Dell R710 and a SuperMicro MBD-X9SCM-F-O server board.

These have Windows 2008R2 and neither is installing drivers for the card.  :(

I spent a few hours last night searching / trying a few drives to no avail.

• 

8.8K Posts

September 18th, 2012 08:00

Thank you. In case that one fails this is the R710 version.

www.dell.com/.../poweredge-r710

12 Posts

September 18th, 2012 16:00

Chris:

I was able to get the drivers installed in the R710. Is there any way to extract the drivers so I can try to install them in my SuperMicro board?  I tried running the file there, but during extraction, it errors out stating the system is not compatible.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

September 19th, 2012 07:00

Have you tried Intel's driver package?

It's available from downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx. This has support for a long list of Intel NICs (and that Dell card looks to be an Intel NIC).

12 Posts

September 19th, 2012 09:00

Yes, that's the same package I tried initially. It will install drivers for my embedded NICs (Which are also Intel), but not for the Dell card.  You are also correct, this Dell card is an Intel card.  I just really strange that Server 2008R2 detects it, but no option whatsoever for a driver at all. Not even a basic one.

No Events found!