Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2017 12:00

H200 >2.2TB SATA support

Does the H200 card, updated to the last firmware, support SATA drives larger than 2.2TB (in RAID 10)?

• 

6.2K Posts

June 19th, 2017 14:00

5 Posts

June 20th, 2017 14:00

Thanks for the informations. I have a couple more questions:

1) Can i use an SSD plugged in the internal SATA port as boot drive and keep the Virtual Disk on the H200 as storage only? If so, does the internal SATA controller support SATA II or III?

2) I have read in a pdf (http://www.dell.com/downloads/emea/products/t110_spec_sheet.pdf) that the maximum storage is 4TB. What does that refer to?

• 

6.2K Posts

June 20th, 2017 16:00

1) Can i use an SSD plugged in the internal SATA port as boot drive and keep the Virtual Disk on the H200 as storage only?

Using multiple internal controllers is not supported, but theoretically yes, it should work the way you described.

If so, does the internal SATA controller support SATA II or III?

The SATA controller on the T110 system board is SATA II (3Gb/s).

2) I have read in a pdf () that the maximum storage is 4TB. What does that refer to?

That information is incorrect. That is marketing information from when the T110 was released. At the time of released the maximum validated configuration was likely 4TB due to drive capacity being lower at that time. The maximum storage capacity exceeds 4TB.

Thanks

5 Posts

July 1st, 2017 00:00

Using multiple internal controllers is not supported, but theoretically yes, it should work the way you described.

Great, thanks, but does it mean it is not officially supported but should work or that this machine does not support multiple controller? Keep in mind i have a virtual disk on a H200 raid10 and intend on separating the os from the data by adding a boot ssd on the internal sata controller.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 5th, 2017 09:00

does it mean it is not officially supported but should work or that this machine does not support multiple controller?

I haven't found anything that would prevent it from working. Some of our controllers will disable SATA ports when a RAID controller is installed. I don't see any information that states the SATA ports lose functionality when a RAID controller is installed. The only thing I've found is that if you install an S300 you cannot set the SATA mode to RAID.

Thanks

No Events found!