Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 26th, 2006 16:00

Machine Check Event - WMIxWDM - ID 106

I have several servers showing Event ID: 106, Source: WMIxWDM, Description: Machine Check Event reported is a corrected error. Other than the Warning in the System log, the machines don't show any other problems.

This is happening on the following models: PE1850, PE6650, PE6850, and PE1750. All of them are running Windows 2003 Standard or Enterprise w/ SP1. They are running OpenManage version 4.4 or 4.5.

Anyone have and idea why I'm seeing this in logs all over the place?

January 31st, 2006 16:00

I also received this same message on a Poweredge 2850 server used for email in my organization. When I looked at the event log entry in System under event viewer, it says the "Machine Check Event reported is a corrected error."

Many of the google searches I did for this issue were somewhat inconclusive. I found this on MSDN, but it appears to just define the different potential machine check error codes:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/msmca_classes.asp

6 Posts

March 7th, 2006 19:00

I now have this error on seven servers. They are PE1850s, PE6650s, a PE1750, and a PE6650. They are all running Windows 2003, some Standard, some Enterprise.

We're really starting to wonder if there is a problem with the processors in all these boxes, and re-thinking future Dell purchases. All Dell Support has been able to suggest is to update the drivers and firmware to the latest versions.

I found this from Microsoft which suggests it's a hardware issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889249/en-us

7 Posts

August 15th, 2006 18:00

Hi, did someone found out what this error is all about and how to correct it ? Do I have to worry about it ?

Thanks,

Carlos Vaz.

1 Message

August 8th, 2015 10:00

Have a look at of this thread: forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/50671.htm

The one had an identical problem as mine which is also yours.

I can verify that this is indeed a RAM issue. For one day my machine did not boot until I reinstated all the DIMMs. And after boot I found some items read "Event ID: 106, Source: WMIxWDM, Description: Machine Check Event reported is a corrected error." in my system log.

No Events found!