Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2014 01:00

Mixing memory in R610

Hello,

I have read much about it and now I am a bit confused. I habe Herr a R610 Witz dual CPU configuration and 2x 4GB RAM, different 2x 4GB RAM and 2x 8GB RAM. So what is the right configuration in the server?

My config now is 4-empty-4-empty-8-empty-CPU-CPU-empty-8-empty-4-empty-4

This gives me an configuration error.

Thanks in advance!

• 

8.8K Posts

December 31st, 2014 05:00

Pjf16,

With the servers that support mixing dimms, which the R610 is one of, you would need to lead with the larger dimm first, then the smaller ones afterwards. Now in your description you stated "different 2x 4GB RAM", could you clarify the difference in the dimms, or even provide part numbers for the dimms installed? Lastly, within the BIOS, could you verify the Memory mode you are in, as well as the specifics on the dimms for me?

Let me know what you find.

7 Posts

December 31st, 2014 06:00

Hello,

Thanks for your answer!

Both are from Kingston but another model. I have the pictures of the DIMMS (with the number) attached in the link. The Memory Setting is in Optimizer Mode.

I've placed the DIMMs as following now: 8GB - empty - 4GB - empty - 4GB - empty - CPU - CPU - empty - 4GB - empty - 4GB - empty - 8GB

The DIMMs: abload.de/.../dimmsiyu2q.jpg

The config: abload.de/.../confighlu9n.jpg

7 Posts

December 31st, 2014 06:00

Hello,

Thank you for the fast answer. I attached the DIMMs and numbers in the image below. The memory mode is set to optimizer mode. My configuration now is following:

8GB - empty - 4GB - empty - 4GB - empty - CPU - CPU - empty - 4GB - empty - 4GB - empty - 8GB

Shouldn't that be correct?

DIMMs: abload.de/.../dimmsiyu2q.jpg

Configuration in server: abload.de/.../confighlu9n.jpg

• 

8.8K Posts

December 31st, 2014 07:00

It looks like the issue may be the compatibility of the dimms. Test the matching pairs individually in A1 and B1. This will test compatibility of each of the models of dimms. The only one of which I think will work on the server is the 8GB dimms. Let me know the results when you test them in individual pairs.

No Events found!