Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2016 10:00

No Post, No Video, No Codes

I have a T110 ii that rebooted from Windows updates on Friday night as scheduled.  On reboot the server did not come back up.

I have complete the following steps:
- Power cycled
- Hardware reset by unplugging power cord and holding power button for 30 seconds
- Reseated RAM, CPU, RAID Controller, HDD and PSU connections
- Pulled and tested CMOS battery, good
- Minimum hardware boot, CPU, 1 stick of RAM, all other hard was disconnected
- Verified VGA cable is good
- Reset NVRAM
- Boot without RAM, no error codes or beeps

I can ping IDRAC but when connecting via browser page will not load. I am leaning towards a failed CPU for that reason.  Does anyone have any additional input?

2 Posts

June 26th, 2016 16:00

No video, no BIOS splash screen, fans spin up and stay on. Other than power only VGA was connected.

• 

6.2K Posts

June 26th, 2016 16:00

Hello

I have a T110 ii that rebooted from Windows updates on Friday night as scheduled.  On reboot the server did not come back up.

What exactly is happening? Are you getting a BIOS splash screen? Are you getting any video? Are the fans spinning up?

- Minimum hardware boot, CPU, 1 stick of RAM, all other hard was disconnected

I would make sure that you disconnected external devices as well, like USB thumb drives and mouse/keyboard.

I can ping IDRAC but when connecting via browser page will not load. I am leaning towards a failed CPU for that reason.  Does anyone have any additional input?

I would suspect a system board issue, but any component that is still in the system when you are at minimum-to-POST could be the cause of the issue.

Thanks

No Events found!