Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2015 08:00

PE 2900

I have an old PE 2900 that I have two issues with, one when I shutdown the server it powers off and then turns it self right back on. The other issue I have is with the BMC I can communicate with but only when its not booted into the OS

The server is running Windows 2003 R2 32 bit

BIOS v 2.7.0

BMC firmware 2.5

Thanks,

Bradley

• 

6.2K Posts

February 20th, 2015 17:00

Hello Bradley

How are you shutting down the server? What is the AC power recovery set to in the BIOS? Do you pull the power cord or fully disconnect power by some other means when the server is shut down?

Try using shutdown -s from command line.

The other issue I have is with the BMC I can communicate with but only when its not booted into the OS

Are you talking about the DRAC? What method are you using to connect before and after the system comes on? Are you having issues connecting from the host system using shared LOM?

Thanks

2 Posts

February 24th, 2015 06:00

Daniel when shutting the system down I'm just doing a normal Start --> Shutdown. I did figure out I am able to tell Windows to shutdown and then I wait for for it to reboot then I trigger a force off with:

%bmcprog% -ip %bmcip% -u %user%-p %passwd% power off -force

I'm using IPMI on the LOM port 1 in shared mode and the Dell OpemMange BMC utilities from a command prompt to control power on and off with a simple batch file I wrote up.

Thanks,

Bradley

No Events found!