Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2015 19:00

PowerEdge 2400 Power Supplies voltage drop from 5V to 1.5 V

Hi all.

One of my venerable PowerEdge 2400 servers is damaging power supplies.  In my efforts to isolate the problem by parts swapping with a working server I managed to wreck five power supplies before discovering that this was the problem.  I now have no more spare power supplies.  Given funding limitations I want to repair the damaged power supplies.  Where can I get manuals or schematics that will guide me through fault isolation and repair for the power supplies.

Thx

September 8th, 2015 19:00

Hi me.

I have an answer for your question.  According to the labels on sub-boards inside one of your power supplies they were manufactured in Thailand by Newton Power.  Unfortunately, this company does not appear to have a presence on the internet.  Investigation continues ...

• 

8.8K Posts

September 8th, 2015 07:00

Kubota Boy,

Unfortunately we don't have the internal schematics of the power supplies in the systems, this is primarily due to the multitude of power supplies offered per system. We utilize a lot of different manufacturers of power supplies with the servers, such as Delta, Lite-On, etc. The best thing to do would be to identify the power supplies installed and verify with the power supply manufacturers if they have the internal schematics. 

September 8th, 2015 15:00

Hi there.

The power supplies in question are Dell part number NPS-330AB.  There are some logos on the label, which I cannot attribute to a manufacturer.  I have included below an image of the label.

Can anyone identify the manufacturer or a web location where any documents that would aid in repair can be found?

No Events found!