Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2016 04:00

PowerEdge T310 No boot/Post and no codes on Front LCD, no error code, nothing

Hello,

I have a Dell PowerEdge t310 that appeared to be off.

When I press power button, only thing that happens is a amber light goes on and fades imediately after, if hard drive card is connected to PSU. Other than that, no fan, no errors, nothing.

With anything on except CPU and RAM, nothing happens on pressing power buttion, and LCD is still normal (even blue). Same thing without RAM, it seems that is not reacting to power button pressing.

Can someone help me? :(

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 26th, 2016 11:00

Hello.

Try disconnecting the AC power cables then press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds. Reconnect the cables and reboot the server. Otherwise, test with another power supply.

2 Posts

October 28th, 2016 08:00

Hello, I tried and nothing worked.

It is also important to say that this server has redundant power  supplies, one of them wasn't working, the second one showed the green (ok) led on the back.

I tried to modify one ATX  power supply I had around here, to correspond to Dell "one of a kind" atx pinout, but no success on even the green standby led in the motherboard. 

I suspect that the power supply is faulty but somehow it is not able to sustain power on current. But I'm not able to get another power supply to test it.

:(

No Events found!