Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2017 11:00

Poweredge R320 LCD Error Clear

I have a PowerEdge R320 that displays PSUA0016 PSU 1 is absent.  This is impossible since it only has one power supply and powers up fine. Things I have tried:

1. Clear bios of errors reboot

2. Run Lifecycle controller to test and clear errors.  It states all errors are cleared an nothing to report.

3. Run Centos OS with Openmanagment .  When I run option 3 Clear all ESM errors it gives error about the Serial Number and appears to do nothing.  Shut down system remove power and hold power button for 10 seconds.

The crazy thing is now I have intrusion detection on the LCD that wont go away after inspecting the power cables on the inside.

Thanks for any advice.

4 Posts

August 1st, 2017 12:00

We have a R320 that will not clear the error from the LED however, there are no errors reported by any of the systems. The system passes all tests in Openmanagement, no errors reported in Lifecycle controller.

PSUA0016 PSU1 is absent is the error.  It wouldn't even boot if it wasn't there since there is only 1 power supply to begin with.

Thanks

• 

8.7K Posts

August 1st, 2017 13:00

Hi,

Are the BIOS and iDRAC firmware up to date? 

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2017 05:00

Due to system compatibility with our OS we are not allowed to update those items. It is developed around the factory installed BIOS and iDRAC firmware.

I have another system R520 with similar issue, although it is concerning CPU2. No reported errors within the LifeCycle Controller but will not remove the History Error from the LED.

Thank you,

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2017 09:00

Only error that reported was the cover was removed.  No others actually reported.

• 

8.7K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 09:00

What error are you getting when you clear the log from openmanage?

• 

8.7K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 11:00

If that won’t clear I would make sure that the cover is firmly on and pushing on the intrusion switch.

No Events found!