Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2015 19:00

Poweredge T410 BIOS

I updated the BIOS today on a PE T410, and when it rebooted it stated that it could not find a boot device.  Is there any way to boot to a live CD, and copy the data?  I have tried the Dell Support Live 2.2, but it did not see the storage controller.   Is there another version that will see, and load the controller?  

Thanks,

Kevin Cleveland

• 

3.4K Posts

September 9th, 2015 02:00

Hi Kevin,

Guessing that you have also tweet out about your issue? - I've replied on your tweet too.

The boot order might change whilst the BIOS update took effect.

First thing I would do is to check the boot order? Probably try going to boot options, to check if you are able to boot from C: drive.

If C: is not listed, try access to your server RAID BIOS, check if the RAID VD is intact.

Let me know the outcome of your investigation.

2 Posts

September 9th, 2015 04:00

I did tweet, and thank you.  I do see the C: drive, but it still cannot find a boot device. Is there a way for me to boot to a live cd, and copy the data?  Will that way even see the controller?  Or, is there a way for me to do dual boot (side by side install) of Windows to copy data?

• 

3.4K Posts

September 9th, 2015 19:00

Hi Kevin,

Does seem that you have your issue resolved by enabling the RAID settings back in BIOS.

If there is anything else, give us a tweet.

No Events found!