Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2022 21:00

R720 iDrac dedicated port not working (using enterprise license)

Hiya,

The dedicated iDrac port on my R720 has suddenly stopped working (no lights or traffic). I have currently set iDrac to one of the LOMs, so that I can at least have access to the system.

After opening up the server, I see that the port is built onto the motherboard, which means replacing it is out of the question. 

So my question is;

Can I buy a separate iDrac 7 card (the 2827M) and use it as a dedicated NIC for iDrac and if so, will it be able to power the system on and off without the server being on?

Alternatively, can I get an idrac9 card and use it for the same purpose. I'll have to upgrade my license if so, which is not a huge deal.

Here are the screenshots of my system

Screenshot 2022-04-23 085406.pngScreenshot 2022-04-23 085430.png

15 Posts

April 26th, 2022 23:00

Well that right there is excellent!

• 

2.4K Posts

April 27th, 2022 00:00

Hi, for general information to all. If you have access to Dell Digital Locker, you should be able to locate the license there. Also you can review that article "MotherBoard Replacement License install" https://dell.to/3vEFWIo

15 Posts

A quick question on that mate. We purchased our server used, through a third party. The link to the DL just takes us to a registration page. We have completed the ownership transfer but that is not reflected anywhere in our account. 

How do I see ownership information for the server? I see no option on the drop down lists available.

• 

2.4K Posts

Hi, as I know, an ownership transfer process should take 7-10 business days for domestic transfers and up to 15 business days for international transfers. This timing may vary depending on the amount of information sent. Maybe the process is still going on, I'm not sure.
Normally, I wish the license had already been exported using one of the iDRAC Interfaces.
I hope you can use it without any problems when the new MB arrives. If you need a trial version for urgent here is the link https://dell.to/3vj46sO

15 Posts

April 27th, 2022 01:00

No worries, the licence has been backed up. My question however still stands; how do I verify ownship of the server?

• 

2.4K Posts

April 27th, 2022 02:00

That's great. Honestly, I don't know how to follow up ownership process. But I believe you won't face any issue of license. I just wanted to put in some general information for rest of community.

No Events found!