Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2010 07:00

Repository Manager error - is not able to verify the signature

Hi

Im just trying to get Repository Manager working - I have a Desktop PC which its installed onto and it has Internet Access

Ive clicked the automatic update via FTP repository message

I can see the bundles of software for the Dell Servers So ive unticked all of them except teh R710 Build 340 and choose too save as SUU

Right clicked it and chose Export - soon after I get the message

"Downloader is not able to verify the signature of the http://ftp.dell.com/lifecycleControler/DRVPK_APP_WIN_R247548.exe

I can browse to the folder location but typing that URL in Internet Explorer

Any Ideas

17 Posts

August 17th, 2010 05:00

at the moment it seems not to be possible to add more than one server firmware to the repository. before 1 hour i downloaded only  the repository for one server. downloaded the r710 v350 repository as single, and the r910 repository as single. with both single repositorys i can use the suu to directory option !!

but when i add both servers firmware (r710/r910) to one repository -> save them -> export to suu directory always fails ....

17 Posts

August 17th, 2010 08:00

i phoned with the dell support. it seems to be a problem with european users. this verifying signature problem is a known problem and they are working on it. but it wont be possible to create an own firmware suu directory with more then one repository of different server types until the next RM release or a patch.

they told me "most of our customers are using the double layer dvd to upgrade the firmware. so we dont have so much experiences with the repository manager." this sentence makes me a little bit angry...

but now i wont waste any more time in creating my own firmware suu for the usb stick.

regards

November 18th, 2010 19:00

Dell repository Manager sounds like its the biggest piece of junk theyve written, I cant get it to work even though I have the R710 and R1950 and R2950 repositories on my local server and the EXport to SUU fails on cannot verify signature - tried it with and without the network connections active.

If someone knows where i can report to DELL please let me know I have Dell Pro Support but not sure which department looks after it

Got the workaround? Thanks very much! It's very long now.

February 17th, 2011 19:00

Ive savd the catalogclicked on retry on all the errors about verfiying hte files till it got to the end

Then i point ot the local repository which has 3 bunldes for the dell 2950 , R710 and 1750 Servers

I click check plugin etc... Then when i try to export to SUU or ISO it still fails with

Downloader is not able to verify the signature of 'C:\Dell-Repository\SAS-Non-RAID\DVDR_WIN_R170407.EXE"

I click OK - but does that mean its created my SUU in the directory specified during hte export

However tthe ISO is never created

Many thanks to your description! I got more deep understanding about this part, This is what I'm looking for.
No Events found!