Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2014 08:00

System Board Power Optimized - Degraded - R610

Greetings,

I've noticed that openmanage reports System Board Power Optimized - Degraded, with a cause of Unknown Reason.  I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm hoping I can get that resolved.  After looking around the forums, I did find a similar post, however, their issue was due to only having a single power supply.

I'm not 100% sure what to look for on this, as everything else is reporting a good status.

System Information:

• PowerEdge R610
  • Revision II
  • BIOS - 6.4.0
  • iDRAC version 1.96.00 (build 1)
  • Lifecycle - 1.6.0.73
  • CPU: Dual X5677 @ 3.47GHz
  • PSU: Dual 717W [Firmware 04.18.00]
  • RAM: 12  2GB RDIMM Modules 
  • RAID: PERC H700 [Firmware: 12.10.6-0001]

The system is running Windows Server 2008 R2 X64 Enterprise.  I've also ran the Dell Online Diagnostics 2.21.0, which did not report any major issues.  (other than not having media in the cdrom drive)

If there is any other information that would be helpful, or anything that I would need to check, I would be more than happy too..

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

February 12th, 2014 11:00

Everything looks good.

There are only two causes listed for this error: Insufficient power or Configuration. Both of those seem fine. Something else that would cause this would be communication.

My first recommendation would be to restart OMSA and the iDRAC. There are around 4 services that run OMSA. If you open services and list alphabetically then you will find several services that start with DSM. Close OMSA, shut down the services, and then open up command line and restart the iDRAC with this command: racadm racreset

Wait about two minutes for the iDRAC to come back online and then start the OMSA services back up. Check to see if it is still listed as degraded. By restarting the iDRAC and the services we are basically performing a page refresh. We are causing it to redetect everything.

If the error persists then try to flash the power supply firmware.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

February 12th, 2014 10:00

Hello dhr314

How is OpenManage reporting this?

Check the hardware log for any errors, and review the power section in openmanage for any status issues. Look at the Voltages section of OMSA to see if all of the voltages are in good status. Also, check the Power Management section to see if the power draw on the server is within a warning threshold.

Thanks

6 Posts

February 12th, 2014 11:00

Hi Daniel,

OpenManage is reporting this under Main System Chassis -> Hardware Performance, with a probe name of System Board Power Optimized.

No issues are being reported in either the hardware or alert logs.  Within the Voltages section, every probe has a green status and both PSU's are reading 126V.  The power supply redundancy is reading Full.

The power management section is reporting that my current draw is 140W (478 BTU/hr) with a warning threshold of 917W.

PSU1 is drawing 0.2A and PSU2 is drawing 0.6A

Not sure if this is related, but all the fans in the A section, 1A, 2A, etc, seem to be always running around 8400RPM, while the the B section fans are on average running at 5800 RPM.    This might not be anything, but I thought I would mention it.

Some other details, might not be important.  Both PCI express slots are not occupied.  The current temperature is reading 19 C.  Both batteries, CMOS and the raid controller are showing to be in good status.  The version of OpenManage is 7.3.0

6 Posts

February 12th, 2014 12:00

Ah, well then.  No worries then.

Thanks again for your help, you've been great!

• 

6.2K Posts

Also, just out of curiosity, where would I find the latest firmware for the power supplies?   They are the 717W, Part Number 0FJVYV, Revision A00

It looks like we have not released an updated firmware past the initial release. I checked the initial release firmware and it is not published externally, so there is no update available. If a reflash was required it would be easier for us to replace the PSU than go through the process of providing an unpublished firmware.

Thanks

6 Posts

That fixed it..   The status now reads normal.

Thanks very much.

Also, just out of curiosity, where would I find the latest firmware for the power supplies?   They are the 717W, Part Number 0FJVYV, Revision A00

No Events found!