Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 30th, 2017 12:00

T610: LCC Unable to launch system services image

My work recently retired some T610s. As a gearhead I took one of the them in order to create home lab for vmware. Initially when I started the server i was getting "Can not communicate with idrac6" error message. After some research I decided to replace idrac6 card so I ordered a genuine one from ebay.

With the new idrac card the server NO longer give the "cannot communicate with idrac6" error. Though now when I hit F10 to get in to the system services I get "unable to launch system services image. Restartin the server." error. I tried to upgrade the idrac, lcc and bios firmware and still having the same message.

BTW the server currently has no raid card or drives or any other internal pci cards.

Any idea about how can I resolve this issue?

• 

8.7K Posts

October 30th, 2017 14:00

Hi,

If you are able to get into the iDRAC web interface you can run the repair package. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=80XJ1

3 Posts

October 30th, 2017 16:00

Hey,

I the iDRAC was on fw 1.85(build 03) so I ran Dell Lifecycle Controller Repair Package, v.1.5.2, A00 according to the fw matrix. I am also on BIOS fw 6.4.0.

I also realized when it fails to load the image the iDRAC crashes(Front LED goes blank and my fans goes full speed) and restarts. Also the iDrac has the following logs:

Particularly the third line seems like related but I am not sure what it really means.

• 

8.7K Posts

October 31st, 2017 10:00

That may be the issue, if the repair package doesn’t fix it, you may need to replace the system board. 

• 

8.7K Posts

October 31st, 2017 15:00

It is unlikely, the logic for the iDRAC is on the system board and not the addon card. 

3 Posts

October 31st, 2017 15:00

Is it possible that the replacement iDRAC Express module was faulty?

No Events found!