Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2018 03:00

WD101KRYZ problems to recognize on H330

Hi guys, here in my compani we got a problem. Let me explain that.

We have an poweredge T430 with the H330 Raid Card. Recently we buyed x3 Wester digital gold 10TB HDD Sata (WD101KRYZ). But we cant see that on the H330 card menu.

I update the drivers of the entire server and it dont work yet. At this moment i dont know what more to try.

I called the Dell service too but the warranty just finish a few months ago....

Some idea guys?.

Thanks in advance.

• 

6.2K Posts

February 9th, 2018 09:00

We only validate drives running our firmware on the PERC H330. We do not block non-Dell drives, but we can't say with any certainty whether or not they will work.

The H330 supports drives larger than 2TB, so the drive size should not be a reason it is not functioning properly. This is most likely a firmware communication issue. If the drives are not being detected in the controller BIOS then I would try these things:

1. Make sure the drives is properly seated in the backplane or to the cable if it is a cabled configuration. I show you have an 8 drive backplane, so make sure the drives are properly inserted into the carrier. Also, make sure the carrier is properly inserted into the backplane. The latch should be in the open position when you insert the carrier, if the carriers are the latch style. If the drive is not properly inserted in the carrier or the carrier is not properly inserted into the backplane then the drive will not be connected to the backplane.
  2. Try different firmware on the drive and controller. You may be able to find a firmware combination that allows the controller and drive to properly communicate.
  3. Install an interposer. An interposer will change the way a SATA drive communicates. Anything that changes communication may allow the controller and drive to properly communicate. I'm not aware of any supported interposers on the T430, but any interposer should work.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

February 9th, 2018 09:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

February 9th, 2018 12:00

I had the exact same problem you can't use a random drive that's generic. Try using a certified Dell drive instead 

http://www.impactcomputers.com/rvfr2.html 

4 Posts

February 11th, 2018 06:00

Our drivers are expensive Server grade, and as Daniel said :"We only validate drives running our firmware on the PERC H330. We do not block non-Dell drives, but we can't say with any certainty whether or not they will work."

So it should work without problems. If i can obtain the working solution i gonna post it.

Regards Carlos.

4 Posts

February 11th, 2018 06:00

I gonna try your tips this monday and report the situation.

Thanks for your help.

4 Posts

February 11th, 2018 23:00

Thanks for your help, finally i solve the problem.

After play a few with the firmwares of the H330 it works perfect.

I really apreciate your help, thanks for all.

No Events found!