Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2019 08:00

can not connect to idrac 9

i can not connect to idrac 9 on my poweredge R740 server over a network or with an RG45 cable connection between a laptop and the server after configuring the network card of my laptop on the same network as my idrac port

i've tryed to reset the idrac config by presing the i_button -->it gives no positif result

Firmware version 3.36.36.36

thank you

• 

8.8K Posts

December 2nd, 2019 12:00

Rami_Klai,

First we would need to confirm if the server has an Idrac Enterprise license, or an iDrac Express. The reason being is that the dedicated iDrac port is only available with an iDrac Enterprise license. If you have an iDrac Express the traffic is shared on LOM1. Now if you do indeed have an iDrac Enterprise, I would check the configuration to verify it is set to Dedicated, as it is disabled by default I believe. In turn if you have the Express and it is set to Dedicated you will need to set it to shared.

clipboard_image_0.png

Let me know.

2 Posts

December 4th, 2019 06:00

Hello Chris and thank you for your answer

in fact, we have a business license on the three servers

I configured them after installation (the configuration is the same: vlan, gateway, mask, DSN are the same on servers)

the way how we connect cables ,  same way on the same switch 

Today, I rechecked the configuration and I noticed that the blue light in front of the server (near the iButton) is flashing on two servers (that I can connect to their iDrac), but it is not on the concerning server

i tryed to reset the idarc with the iButton ( pressing the button up to ~20 sec until the airflow starts working then i hold it) --> it gives no result : the blue led light freezing 

may be that can help specifying the issue

No Events found!