Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2004 13:00

Can't login in to any systems through IT Assistant

No matter what user name and password I use I can't login to any system through IT Assistant.  I have tried local users, domain users and root with calvin for a password.

I am getting info back from the servers but I can't edit any of the settings.

Ideas??

Thanks

scott

10 Posts

April 5th, 2004 06:00

You need to check the SNMP read/write options on your Server.

Change the SNMP read/write/trap settings to "public" community string.

What is the OS and Open Manage version on your server?

Ravi

2 Posts

May 7th, 2004 17:00

Hello! I'm having the same issue. I have just finished setting up 2 6600's and have installed the I.T. Assistant on my XP workstation. I have checked to be sure that community name is set to "public" and that read/write rights are set. (I had previously tried Read/Create as some of your documentation suggested) I'm getting info back from both servers, but I cannot change any values. In the Server Administrator program, I changed the root password without a problem...but I cannot do that within I.T. Assistant. I have tried "calvin" and the newly changed SA root password, along with local and domain passwords and nothing works. Any ideas?? 

System Info - Poweredge 6600 / Windows 2000 Adv Server / OpenManage 3.7

Thanks!

-DJ

Message Edited by Dejaiboy on 05-07-2004 01:09 PM

10 Posts

May 8th, 2004 07:00

When you open IT Assistant, it prompts you to select read/write OR ReadOnly.
YOu always need to select the read/write and leave the password field blank.
This gives you access to the SET commands of SNMP.

Regards
Ravi

2 Posts

May 10th, 2004 15:00

Ravikanth,

Thank you for your help! I had been opening the app with read/write, but I had also set my own password. By leaving the password field blank, I was able to log in to the servers and make modifications.

Thanks again!

-DJ

No Events found!