Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2016 20:00

percsas3,sys driver not signed for Windows 2008 R2 deployments

Hi,

I am deploying Womdpws2008 R2 SP1 to some PowerEdge R630's that use the percsas3.sys driver. I am using MDT 2013 to automate the operating system deployment of Windows 2008 R2 SP1. We have the latest driver pack imported. Windows Boot Manager fails during the driver injection phase saying that Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the percsas3.sys driver.

Has this been reported as a bug? Is Dell addressing this? If so, is there an ETA for an updated driver?

Cheers,

Jeremy

• 

8.8K Posts

April 11th, 2016 07:00

Jeremyts,

Which specific controller do you have installed. From the driver I would think the H310 or one like that. If so then the proper driver file needed is likely going to be found here.

Let me know the specifics of the hardware, or if that driver file turns out to work for you.

Let me know..

3 Posts

April 11th, 2016 08:00

Thanks Chris. Yes, that's the exact driver we've tried, which is part of the driver pack too.

Using the sigcheck tool I can see that it's signed, but Windows cannot verify this during the boot process.

My only solution is to turn off the check for driver signing in Windows Boot Manager using bcdedit: 

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

But to me this is a hack. I've not had to do this for other Dell hardware to date, so wonder why this driver is causing problems.

Cheers,

Jeremy

• 

8.8K Posts

April 14th, 2016 12:00

Jeremy,

Let me look into this for you. When you stated you had the latest OS pack, was this the one you were using, or was it this one?

3 Posts

April 18th, 2016 17:00

Thanks Chris. It was the 2nd link: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

Cheers,

Jeremy

7 Posts

February 15th, 2017 06:00

Hi,

I know this is old topic, but did you guys find the solution?

I have the same thing with my R630 while deploying 2008  R2 via PXE boot.

The driver, that I injected into the winpe image is from  the latest one 

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/poweredge-r630/drivers

And I'm still getting same error. if I remove PercSas3 driver, my installation cannot  load PERC H330 Mini/Adapter RAID.

I already spent two weeks in troubleshooting, so any help would be appreciated, 

cheers

Alex

No Events found!