Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2010 13:00

window server 2000 no go

I have  a poweredge 2600 and i am having trouble loading a operating system on it. Window 2000 will instal all the files and when it's time to install a screen pops up and says cannot find any hard drive on the system. Both 36 gig drives has been fomatted and raid config'd but the drive are not detected  for install. Can i get a step-by-step process to complete my os install, maybe i'm missing something....thanks.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

June 16th, 2010 13:00

Sounds like you are on the right track ... you just need to load the RAID drivers at F6 during Setup.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&releaseid=R99973&SystemID=PWE_FOS_XEO_2600&servicetag=&os=WNT5&osl=en&deviceid=2608&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=7&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=35&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=129546

Download and extract/unzip the files to a floppy disk.  If you cannot use a floppy, then use nLiteOS.com to integrate the driver into the installation media.

2 Posts

June 17th, 2010 16:00

Thanks for the quick response, but after i left the forum i went to dell down load and down loaded an open manager install disk and followed the instruction and POW was able to load my server 2000 with no problem. It took me two days to figure it out, but with all you guys support and knowledge i was able to GET IT! Now i will need help setting up my raid. Once again step-by-step, i am now running server 2003 and have server 2008 to be installed later....MAYBE. Awaiting all expert advice no this matter. This is my first server and i LOVE IT .I build custom water cooled rigs and server require a bit more knowledge, but with you guys help i should be a pro in no time. Thanks again in advance.

No Events found!