I have a Linux server running RedHat 6.7 and when I run powermt display dev=all command all the devices masked to this server their pseudo names show up as being ???. Per KB455716 i have run the ctree utility to fix the corruption and removed the 2 files /etc/emcp_devilishness, /etc/emcp_devicesDB.dat. I am running Powerpath 6.0 SP1 and have glibc 2.12-1.92 installed. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled PowerPath. Has anyone seen this issue before and been able to fix it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
G'day HarbK. Please try running the powermt display against a specific linux sd device; eg, powermt display dev=sdaa and post the output. Thanks...ian
Thanks for this command. This will definitely give me the info I need to identify the disks masked to this server.
powermt display dev=sdij
Logical device ID=0D0B
state=alive; policy=BasicFailover; queued-IOs=0
--------------- Host --------------- - Stor - -- I/O Path -- -- Stats ---
### HW Path I/O Paths Interf. Mode State Q-IOs Errors
12 lpfc sdij FA 8g:00 active alive 0 0
12 lpfc sdd FA 10g:00 active alive 0 0
Hello Ian. I am good now. The command you gave was very helpful. Also I found in a document all of the files and directories that are created when you install powerpath. After uninstalling powerpath I went in to the server and removed any of the files and directories that still remained. I then did a clean install of powerpath and the pseudo names showed up correctly.