Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2003 17:00

Can't access 660F but see it in the hardware listing

hello,

i can see the 660F and i can build a virtual drive, but i can't build a volume on it, can anybody help me ? further more i can't run the open manage software, because i am using a non dell server. is there als a possiblity to solve the problem?

thx

kewitz

815 Posts

November 16th, 2003 00:00

To manage the 660, you need to install Array Manager.  You can download this from the support.dell.com file library.  If this is a new configuration, you can reset the configuration of the RAID controllers.  This should remove any lun masking that may have been in place prior to you receiving the unit.

16 Posts

November 16th, 2003 04:00

hello i have installed an reinstalled the array manager but couldn't solve the prolbem! is there a way to manually unmasking the lun?

815 Posts

November 16th, 2003 13:00

Even if lun masking was enabled, you should be able to build a virtual drive.  You just won't be able to access it unless you assign it using Storage C.

You may install Storage C (at least version 4.00.27), and reboot.  Then see if you can access to virtual drives.

3 Posts

April 16th, 2004 03:00

Hello,

I am having a similar issue.

I have Array manager installed with a Dell 56f and Dell 660F. I have managed to

create 2 x virtual disks with a single host spare between the two. The problem is that

I cannot see them in XP (nor Linux for that matter) and I get the same result if I

direct attach or go via the 56f.

Would you mind telling me what this 'Storage C' is and where I can get it ?

Cheers,

SB

815 Posts

April 16th, 2004 12:00

Storage C is a product Dell uses to control access to luns. With the 660, it programs the RAID controller to map luns to WWN of the hosts HBA. This comes with the Dell SAN CD's.
You should be advised that the 660 is validated to support Windows 2003, 2000, NT and Netware only.
While it may work with other operating systems, we cannot guarantee it will be stable.

3 Posts

April 16th, 2004 19:00

Thanks for the advice.

Any idea where I can get Storage C from ? Can it be downloaded ?

Cheers,

SB

16 Posts

April 20th, 2004 12:00

hello it is the storage consolidation software (search on dells site), you must use the following dos command "storagec onlineall" after you have installed the system to assign the raid to your hba.

No Events found!