Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2010 05:00

MD3000 can't delete virtualDisk during operation

We're currently experimenting with a few configurations on a soon to be deployed MD3000.  I currently want to completly rebuild the store, but due to a segment resize operation, im unable to delete the disk group with the following error.

Error 403 - A disk group state transition could not be performed because the group is being reconfigured.

Ive tried via the gui and the SMCli utility now.  The current opperation has been going for over 24 hours now, and being that im going to wipe it once its done, i was hopeing  there was some way to stop an opperation while in progress?

any suggestions would be most appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

January 28th, 2010 07:00

You can't delete it till the task has finished.

However, to get an idea how far along the segment resize operation is, use this command (this assumes you have MDSM installed on a Windows system):

smcli -n arrayname -c "show virtualdisk [\"virtualdisk_that_is_under_reconstruction\"] actionprogress";

January 28th, 2010 07:00

Thanks for the info, although it has alerted me to some rather upsetting news.  After ~24 hours were at 19% completion.

Just to elaborate, there is no data on the store, and so no concerns of data loss.  Are their currenlty any actions i can take which would save me a 4 day wait to start this testing ?

deliberately causing the raid 6 to fail ? any sort of factory reset ? etc.

Thanks

Chris

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

January 28th, 2010 10:00

I've run into a similar issue before and learned the hard way that you just have to wait. Luckily in my case it was just binding a virtual disk, which only took 2 hours or so.

No Events found!