Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2011 10:00

MD3000i iSCSI Session limit?

Hi Everyone,

We have an MD3000i with dual raid controllers (all set up using default IPs) connected to two dedicated switches and 5 windows 2003 servers each connecting to their own LUN, everything is configured correctly, each server configured with 4 iSCSI sessions and they all work fine.

We are now trying to add 2 new servers, both have been configured similarly to the existing 5, however, while the first one, ServerA, connects to the MD3000i correctly and 4 iSCSI sessions are created, when we try to configure the second, ServerB, only three sessions are successful, the session to the controller 192.168.130.102 fails with an "Add Target Portal - Connection Failed" error. If I shut them both down, boot ServerB then boot ServerA, ServerB has 4 iSCSI sessions and ServerA only gets 3. I've tested this with Windows 2003, 2008, and with an additional server too and the behaviour is the same. It almost seems that the specific raid controller port has a limit of 6 connections and the other 3 don't.

Has anyone seen this situation before and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Laurence

7 Posts

June 2nd, 2011 08:00

Well, I gave it a go and reset the controller module and it's all working as it should now, all machines are connected as they should be, so I'm happy!

847 Posts

June 1st, 2011 11:00

Hmmm...     Not sure on the windows side,  but we have hooked up like 12 VMware hosts without issue.  Of course we were using host groups,  so not really the same as your setup from the sound of it.

7 Posts

June 2nd, 2011 01:00

Thanks, yes I'm not using host groups, but the documentation does say you can have up to 16 hosts and we're not near that yet. Like I said, it works fine for three of the paths and not for one. Should I try resetting the controller module or just phone Dell support?

No Events found!