Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AK

1 Message

December 5th, 2019 01:00

MD3420 SAS MPIO WIndows Server 2019 Drivers

Hi,

we bougt a new MD3420 a year ago. Now we ordered 2 new R740 as HyperV-Hosts based on Server 2019. 

Saddly an call at the dell storage technical support gave me the information that MD eries is EOL and only Server 2016 Resource Kit is available. 

My question is now if anyone has tested if 2016 mpio drivers works on Server 2019 or some other ideas how i can conenct my server 2019 hosts via 2xSAS to the storage with mpio. 

Would be great to find another solution than "Upgrade to ME-storage or stay at Server 2016"

Thanks alot for your support.

MFG

Armin 

• 

8.4K Posts

December 12th, 2019 11:00

A.Kraemer,

It is true that the MD is EOL and that 2016 is the latest supported, but what you can do to try is to first ensure that you enable MPIO on both hosts, then reboot them. After that then you need to install MDSM (must be done in that order), while installing you'll need to include the Host and Providers options or you'll be able to see the access LUNs, but not access the storage. After that then open MPIO and check Discover Multi Paths to see if the MD shows up, if not click Add Support for SAS Devices, then click Add and then reboot. Lastly, with these steps, they must be done locally, and as administrator. 

• 

8.4K Posts

December 12th, 2019 14:00

Upon testing I am not able to get it functional either under 2019. I will continue researching it though.

No Events found!