Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2011 06:00

ML6010 / ML6000 LCB Compact Flash Recovery?

Hi,

Long story short, I wiped the compact flash card which lives on the library control board in an ML6010 tape library :(

I have all the original files but restoring them to fresh ext3/4 partitions doesn't seem to work... I guess it's permissions that have been wiped that would prevent it booting (black LCD of death).

What are you supposed to do in this situation? I don't care about any of the config, I just want to use the library again! There's an erase jumper on the LCB, what does that do?

I potentially have access to another library, so maybe I could clone the card and get around the librarys unique ID thing... but... dunno.

Thanks,

John

2 Posts

December 10th, 2011 00:00

Thanks Tommo,

I'll be ringing them at some point don't worry. For now I was hoping to get an answer outside the "contact Dell" box tbh, like "yeah just download this bunch of files, use this to wipe it etc etc" after all, Dell are going to do exactly that to create a replacement no doubt. I'm past google and looking for people with real experience.

I did mention having to get round the WWN, if you stick the card in a linux box you can edit the files, just be a case of finding the right one(s) :P

My motto - Never give up, it's only 1's an 0's

:)

1 Rookie

• 

1.2K Posts

December 10th, 2011 00:00

Contact Dell support, talking is free. You may need to buy a new CF with the FW on it. Cloning the CF won't work the ID and WWN are in the config on the CF so the library will hang during boot because of a mismatch.

1 Rookie

• 

1.2K Posts

December 10th, 2011 14:00

Ok, look here, it's the same library just rebadged. adsm.org/.../showthread.php

If your clone does boot but reports a mismatch, you'll need to delete any logical libraries and start from scratch.

1 Rookie

• 

1.2K Posts

December 10th, 2011 15:00

look in etc/wwname and etc/serial.num, also lcm.inf. Might point the way

No Events found!