Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 5th, 2004 01:00

Missing File pv745n.nas during reinstall

I'm setting up a 745N from scratch and am using the USB boot with the automated system reinstall utility (v3.4.9.0) on a client.  Everything goes ok until it complains about a missing file:  "pv745n.nas"  The process then aborts...  Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Message

July 20th, 2005 16:00

I have also had the dreaded "missing file pv745n.nas" error message. I have even tried the reinstallation on the latest software (v3.4.9.1) but had no luck.

Has anyone managed to get around this problem? Its really frustrating as the 745n is useless unless i can get an O/S on it.

Cheers!

1 Message

July 22nd, 2005 18:00

Guys, copy the files DIRECTLY from the installation CD(s) into the NASShare, it will work!

1 Message

August 24th, 2005 16:00

I've encountered the same problem.

Copied all the files from the Reinstallation CD's as suggested and this has not worked. That File is not physically on the CD's either? Should it be created by the reinstallation console when it has copied all the files into the shared directory?

99 Posts

August 25th, 2005 12:00

The error message is misleading as the file in question 'pv745n.nas' does not exist.  (the error message should be better phrased)

The problem is most likely due to not having permissions to access the file pv745n.pqi
This file is copied to the Nastemp directory from the resource cd's.
You need to check the NTFS file security permissions to ensure that the NASUser account can access the directory and files.

Note: If you are using XP Professional and you are not part of a domain then you need to turn off simple file sharing to get access to the security tab. See Microsoft KB307874 for details.

No Events found!