Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2016 06:00

Powervault Modular Disk Storage Manager constantly loosing connection to MD3220

Have a MD3220 with two SAS controllers. Both controllers assigned static IP's (172.16.10.x). Have a PE R610 server loaded with win 2012 R2 and have MDSM loaded on there and its connected to same network as the SAN. Every few hours the software loses connection to the SAN and i cant figure out why.. I have to right click on the SAN in the software and remove it.. then do a new discovery and it adds it back in. Once i do this it shows optimal for a few hours until it loses connection and says unresponsive again.. What gives?   

• 

7.1K Posts

December 8th, 2016 10:00

Hello ruscompinc,

In your post you state that you are having an issue with your MD1220 but the Picture is showing an MD3220? I am guessing that you missed typed MD1220 & it should be MD3220? When you installed your MD3220 did u follow the Deployment Guide for setting up the management? Here is the guide if you need it. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powervault-md3200_deployment%20guide_en-us.pdf

Also when you lose connection to your MD3220 & you get it back are there any error listed in the Recovery guru?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

December 8th, 2016 11:00

Sam, sorry yes its a MD3220. Typo.. 

Yes looked at deployment guide.. didn't really help. Its a straight forward installation. The software sits right on a physical server attached to same network as the management ports on the SAN. Looked at recovery guru. No issues

No Events found!