Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2016 06:00

Powervault TL2000 not displaying Media Changer in Windows server 2012

Hi

I know this post has been covered in the past but none of the solutions have worked for me. I had trouble installing the latest A14 device drivers where it continually failed to install for the TL2000 on server 2012 so have tested with A13 & A10. The drivers installed OK but I can not see any media changer in device manager or tape drives. Under System devices it shows the Tape Bus Enumerator is using the IBM driver. The library mode is set to Random but nothing appears.

The library is attached via SAS/mini sas. Have tried restarting server / library etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

August 22nd, 2016 10:00

Could you please check how the loader is displayed in Device Manager? If it is displayed as Unknown Changer, then probably wrong drivers are installed and you should try to install loader drivers.

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2016 10:00

The problem is the loader is not displayed. All I have is Changer Bus Enumerator & Tape Bus Enumerator listed under system devices suing the IBM driver. I suspect the problem here is the card in the server. Server 2012 has used the native driver and displayed the card as a Dell PERC 5/E Adapter. I have spoken to Dell support who advise this card should show as SAS so I may require the drivers. Problem is there is no drivers listed on the Dell website and the engineer could not find them. The library is out of warranty so I cant take tech support any further.

The model of the card is E2K-UCP-50 (A).

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

1.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 15:00

Tape libraries do not like raid cards, you get all sorts of unsupported results. It is better to connect it to a sas hba.Something like this FD467

• 

7.1K Posts

August 30th, 2016 08:00

Hello iangparker,

As Tommo666 stated PERC cards don’t work with tape libraries. Here is a link to the support matrix that list out the supported HBA’s for the TL2000. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/tl1000_tl2000_tl4000_lt07_lt06_110t_lto3__rd1000_ml6000_compatibility_matrix_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!