Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 20th, 2014 01:00

RAID Controller Module is in Lockdown mode

I have Dell Power Vault 3200i 

Newly installed on RACK I installed the Dell Storage manager on my Laptop OS is Windows 8.1

After Adding the storage it is giving the following Error 

when we go for the Update the Firmware it also not accept that firmware 

current Firmware version 07.84.47.60

the version that I have downloaded from dell is 07.84.56.60

it also no accept that one

29 Posts

April 10th, 2018 11:00

Hi Sam,

that command are applied 2 days ago, but the controller in the write cache option say (suspended). No others errors in the MD are shown.

Thx

• 

7.1K Posts

April 11th, 2018 08:00

Hello raprop,

When you are running, a single controller write cache is disable by default.  You need to have a second working controller before write cache is enabled.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

August 6th, 2019 06:00

Hello, Did you get the LemClearLockdown process?

• 

7.1K Posts

August 6th, 2019 08:00

Hello AndreW9955478,

Which lockdown state is your MD3xxx in.  In most cases to clear a lockdown state you will need to call into support so that they can clear the lockdown.  In order to clear the lockdown, you will need to get into the VXshellusr account and then run the lemclearlockdown command on the controller to clear the lockdown.

August 6th, 2019 19:00

Hello

I was able to perform clearing a lock state with VXshellusr account.
The controller port 0 is OK after this command.
I now have the following messages.

PowerVault MD3220 Event 1710 wide port has gone to failed state
RAID Controller Module in Enclosure 0, Slot 1 - Unable to retrieve latest data; using last known state.

Can you help me with something?
The equipment is out of warranty and cannot be renewed as it is older.

Sorry my english, I'm using translator.

August 7th, 2019 07:00

Hello
Connected on serial port, display error:
warn: error threshold client_corrupt_db_detected_on_db_alt
help me please?

• 

7.1K Posts

August 7th, 2019 08:00

Hello AndreW9955478,

Here is some information about wide port errors.  “Wide port errors are generally associated with a controller reset. Now what may have happened, is that your controller could have reset during its boot sequence. This is not unusual when changes are made. The controller will see the changes, commit them to running memory, then reboot to commit them to permanent memory.

What is need is to look at the event log. You want to see if there are corresponding wide port optimal messages. You also might look for Start of Day Routine start and completed messages. If that’s all completing, then you are good to go as there is no error.”

When you ran the clear do you do it on both controllers or just controller0?  I am guessing that the corrupt DB is on controller1? If that is the case, then you will need to run the clear on controller1 so that it can repair the database. 

August 7th, 2019 09:00

How can I command control 1 if it is offline?

August 7th, 2019 09:00

Hello, thank you for your help.
This error occurred after removing all disks to install new disks.
I have replaced all previous disks, but this error has occurred.
Can you tell me which command I need to execute to clear controller 1?
I try to access from the console but the service menu is not displayed.
Can I telnet by connecting to controller 0 and execute commands on controller 1?

August 7th, 2019 12:00

C:\Program Files\Dell\MD Storage Software\MD Storage Manager\client>SMcli.exe 192.168.1.221 -c "show Controller [0];"
Performing syntax check...

Unable to execute command. The RAID controller module is currently in locked-down mode because the firmware version on the RAID controller module does not match the version expected by the storage array's configuration database. Available commands include:

show storageArray healthStatus; or
download storageArray firmware file=filename [downgrade=true/false];
SMcli failed.

C:\Program Files\Dell\MD Storage Software\MD Storage Manager\client>SMcli.exe 192.168.1.221 -c "show Controller [1];"

Unable to execute command. The RAID controller module is currently in locked-down mode because the firmware version on the RAID controller module does not match the version expected by the storage array's configuration database. Available commands include:

SMcli failed.

August 7th, 2019 14:00

Hello,

What command can I use to perform a general reset, erase everything and leave it as factory default?

Thank you.

August 12th, 2019 05:00

Hello,

I have the following status.

C:\Program Files\Dell\MD Storage Software\MD Storage Manager\client>SMcli.exe 192.168.1.221 -c "show Controller [0];"

SMcli failed.

C:\Program Files\Dell\MD Storage Software\MD Storage Manager\client>SMcli.exe 192.168.1.221 -c "show Controller [1];"

SMcli failed.

What command can I use to perform a general reset, erase everything and leave it as factory default?

1 Message

August 12th, 2019 07:00

Hi,

I have de same problem,after firmware update.

Showing this message

Have a solution by user or the only way is through Dell support?

• 

7.1K Posts

August 16th, 2019 08:00

Hello AndreW9955478,

If you are wanting to reset your MD3220 you will need to go into VXshellusr & do a syswipe on both controllers.  Normally to get a syswipe done you will need to call into support to have it done.  You might be able to do a web search and find the steps to do a syswipe.

5 Posts

November 23rd, 2020 05:00

@DELL-Sam L 

Howdy Sam, I have seen a bunch of your replies in regards to MD3200i lockdowns and the different steps one can take in an attempt to get the issue resolved.

My question to you is what number should I call for support today on an MD3200i that is out of warranty? What would the process and possible cost be to have Dell support attempt to remove the lockdown state?

No Events found!